The increase in demand for quality healthcare and competition has made Health organizations wake-up to provide the best patient care possible and have EMR as an integral part of Hospital management. In order to remain competitive, medical service providers need to deliver the best patient services possible, complemented and supported by administrative services that operate as efficiently as any savvy business.
Hospitals face day to day challenges with increased patient loads, compliance with government regulations, and lack of space, escalating costs, and inaccessible/missing patient records.
Paper-based records require a significant amount of storage space compared to digital records. When paper records are stored in different locations, collating them to a single location for review by a healthcare provider is time consuming and complicated, whereas the process can be simplified with electronic records.
Electronic Medical Records solution is a fully automated, easy to use, paperless office system that dramatically reduces the time and space required to store and retrieve documents. Using EMR solutions hospitals can improve patient care by reducing wait times, increasing employee satisfaction with instant access to required documents and reducing labor-intensive procedures for records management & compliance.
Some of the key benefits include:
• Treating more patients without adding additional staff or resources
• Making better use of limited and expensive hospital space
• Retrieving necessary documents associated with the patient’s records goes up drastically when compared to manual paper processes
• Accessing records directly from the system within just seconds, compared to more than minutes before implementing IQSSEMR
• Removing paper-intensive retrieval and filing tasks that add time and cost to patient encounters
• Access of documents immediately after scanning or importing into IQSSEMR
• Multiple authorised personnel can view documents simultaneously from anywhere at any time using secure Internet access
• Reducing cost and supporting environmental initiatives by minimizing paper production, printing, storage and shipping associated with paper-intensive, document-centric processes
• Maintaining compliance retention requirements as necessary
In addition to this, studies show that:
• Retrieving records from electronic medical record system is up to 64 times faster when compared to retrieving manually stored records
• Patient turnover increased by 20%, due to faster access of document
• It takes an average of 7 seconds to retrieve a record electronically where as it takes ten minutes to retrieve a physical record
Pre-requisites for EMR implementation
You need to define a clear implementation path for EMR. All components of EMR must be compliant to integrate with other existing systems in the hospital.
Some basic things to be taken care of are:
• Ease of use: Employees are reluctant to adopt technology, hence the system should be easy to use
• Integration: The EMR should integrate easily with the existing information system
• Work flow: Should have automated workflows
Some of the Features of IQSS EMR include:
• Centralized Data
• Data Archiving
• Data Versioning
• Data Capture
• Easy Access
• Virtual File System - Replace shared drives and offer the same interface
• Document level security
• Single Sign-On through NTLM or LDAP
• Email-Like Rules - Configure plug-in rules to automate manual processing and offer out-of-sight compliance
• Handle, compile and share information simply and more efficiently.
• Make certain that data is available whenever and wherever it is needed
• Fast turnaround time
• Maintain life cycle of documents in your organization — how they are created, reviewed, and published, and how they are ultimately disposed of or retained
• Improve Compliance
• Automate business processes and route documents and files for further action
• Establish a central repository with access security privileges assigned
• Provide complete document security and disaster recovery
• Networking - simultaneous and instant access to any patient record
Document management system Read More Know about us